Vegan Egg by Follow Your Heart is a revolutionary new egg product that is vegan, dairy free, gluten-free, non-GMO and soy-free! I have to say, this product has been an amazing addition to my recipes enabling my boys to have eggs for the first time in their lives! The day Vegan Egg became available for purchase, I immediately placed an online order for 3 cartons of Vegan Egg on amazon.com.
I have made scrambled eggs, omelets, sugar cookies and now quiche with the Vegan Egg. My two boys as well as husband have deemed all of the Vegan Egg recipes as WINNERS! Vegan Egg has the consistency of real eggs and can be substituted for eggs specifically in most recipes. The product is made from whole algal flour and algal protein which is the protein source. It is low in cholesterol and healthy all around.
The directions on the egg carton state to use “ice cold water” and whisk vigorously with the Vegan Egg mixture. I recommend following these directions precisely and you will achieve the delicious Vegan Egg result that I have on multiple occasions. Once again, Follow Your Heart has created a delicious product and I am now a new loyal customer for this product!
My Vegan Egg Quiche is a dish that can be enjoyed for any occasion. I’m excited to make it for our annual Christmas morning brunch this year and hope you will enjoy it as much as my family does!
Vegan Egg Quiche Florentine:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
3 eggs (6 Tbsp of Vegan Egg whisked vigorously with 1 1/2 cups ice cold water)
3/4 cup organic soy milk (or other non-dairy alternative)
1/2 cup organic chopped spinach
1/4/ cup organic deli ham diced
1/4 cup Follow Your Heart American Style Slices diced
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
fresh Italian parsley for garnish
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Pillsbury pre-made pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees;
- While oven is heating vigorously whisk the ice cold water and Vegan Egg together in a large bowl and set aside;
- Form the pie shell into an ungreased pie dish and place in the oven for 10 minutes;
- While pie shell is in oven add parsley, peppers, and salt to Vegan Egg mixture;
- Remove pie shell from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees;
- Add the diced ham, spinach and American cheese to the bottom of the pie shell and spread out evenly;
- Using a spatula gently pour the egg mixture into the pie shell on top of the ingredients;
- Once oven temperature has decreased add quiche to the oven and cook for approximately 50 minutes or until a took pick inserted into quiche comes out clean.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh Italian parsley.