As a parent of 2 anaphylactic children with multiple food allergies I have unfortunately experienced both of my boys going into anaphylactic shock a total of 3 times combined and have administered epinephrine 2 times as well.  Our doctor at U of M has made it very clear, which is also outlined on my boy’s “Emergency Action Plans,” to use the epinephrine auto injector if either child has “ingested an allergen and is exhibiting any symptoms.”  Especially for my youngest child who is also asthmatic.  I’m a firm believer that it’s better to “air on the side of caution” and use the Epi-pen and prevent the anaphylactic reaction from becoming fatal….so scary nonetheless!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *