Halloween is finally here and like every other year we are hosting our annual Halloween Open House. Because we live north of the 35th parallel and right on Lake Michigan, the weather can be pretty cold for trick-or-treating. Our friends usually stop by our house throughout the night to warm up, give their kids a break from trick-or-treating, and to enjoy the special Halloween treats and baked goods I prepare every year.
My boy’s favorite Halloween treats, in addition to my donuts, are my Chocolate Pretzel Rods with Sprinkles. They look really cute and are always a huge hit! Plus, they are dairy, egg, and nut free.
Gordon Food Store Pretzel Rods
1 bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
A few containers of your favorite Halloween sprinkles. Make sure they are free of allergens
- Cover a few cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add about 1/3 of bag of chocolate chips to a glass bowl;
- Microwave chocolate chips for 60 seconds then stir constantly;
- Microwave again for about 40 seconds and then stir repeating this process until all of the chips are melted.
- Take a pretzel rod and use a spoon to add the chocolate to it, spooning off excess chocolate.
- Gently roll the rod into the sprinkles that you have poured onto a plate.
- Repeat until you make desired amount.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens, place rods in a festive glass or mug, serve and enjoy!